Monday, January 20, 2014

Food

Since my tonsillectomy, food has become a rarity in my life. I never realized what a strong relationship I had with food until it was gone...
However, I am a determined little minx if I have anything to say about it! And, although it probably wasn't the best for my throat, my psyche was incredibly pleased.

Now, if anyone of you have had their tonsils removed or anything similar to the pain of your throat exploding into your ears, than you will understand me when I say "pointy and hot foods are a no no". And, even if this has never happened to you, I am sure you can fathom some sort of imagery as to why this may be a bad idea.

SO!

Being the ignorant lover of food that I am, I challenged myself.

Foolishly.

I challenged myself foolishly. 

I was getting REAL sick of water and Naked juice. There were a few days in there where that was LITERALLY all I ingested. No substance of any kind. And you may be thinking "but Naked juice is basically a meal in a cup" and you would be right...to an extent. It does fill you up, but the flavor gets old so fast and sometimes your mouth just wants a giant Angus hamburger cooked on a charcoal grill with 3 strips of peppercorn rubbed bacon, peach salsa and Makers Mark brand BBQ sauce...

So, I made it a goal to eat something I wanted to and the only thing I had on hand was Pizza Rolls. Now, don't get me wrong, Pizza Rolls are my middle school past time. I am surprised I am not 200lbs heavier from the amount I ate after school...every day...for years. THEIR JUST SO FREAKING GOOD!!

So I made 4 of them, microwave style (since oven style would produce a crispier crust) waited for them to cool off a bit and slowly nibbled on the outskirts of the rolls.

At first I was like "Okay, yeah. This is working. I can totally swallow th-" I stopped because when I DID try and swallow it, my throat was not having it. But I was determined and so I forced it down nibble by nibble until the were all gone.

Was I happy with myself? Yes.
Could I have potentially damaged my throat? I doubt it, but for the sake of suspense, YES
Would I do it again? I don't know...somehow, I think all I needed was the small break of insanity to put my back together for a few days. But, we will see what happens on day 8 and go from there.

_______________________________________________________
EXTRA

Other food I have dreamt about while on this heinous "diet":
  • Taco Bell
  • Pizza (in general)
  • Olive Garden's salad and breadsticks
  • Potbellys
  • Jersey Mikes
  • Panera Bread (general)
  • Wendy's spicy chicken nuggets
  • Bacon
  • Bacon
  • SO MUCH BACON
  • Toast
  • Chili
  • Honey Nut Cheerios (and I don't even like cereal that much)
  • Pickles

No comments:

Post a Comment