Friday, September 6, 2013

The Poison of Others

Everyone knows someone in their life who feels the need to put you down and belittle your very existence. Some of us can easily get away from these people when we graduate high school or college. However, there are others of us that are stuck with these people for life. Such as myself.

My "bully" happens to be my sister. My earliest memory is of myself showing off a pine cone that I had found. I had to have been no older than 1 year old. My sister (who is older than I am) runs up to me, takes my pine cone and throws it as far away as her chubby little arms could manage. Then she runs away.

This was only the first offense of her hatred toward me. There were constant death threats, punches, lying to our parents so I would get in trouble for things she did, putting my down by telling me that I will never find love and no one would ever want to be my friend. You know, sister things.

 I have, recently, just taken her out of my life as much as I possibly can. I am done. No one should have to feel useless because of things someone says. Especially if that someone is supposed to love you no matter what.

For those of you that have someone in your life that doesn't make you feel good about yourself: ditch them. They are no good to you.

Take a moment and think about the people in your life. Does anybody make you feel less then you are? Now, think hard about this because, if you are like me, you are so used to this person tormenting you that it has become a part of your life. THIS. IS. NOT. OKAY.

You are the only person that is allowed to dictate how you feel at any given moment in your life. No one controls you but you.

Get rid of all the poison in your life. You don't need people who aren't rooting for you because you bet your ass you are rooting for them and they do not deserve it.



Doing this will free you. You can finally grow up, become more mature and take control of your life! Only good things will come of this, you just have to gain some courage and be ready for a life change.



LOVE YOURSELF

No comments:

Post a Comment